Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms, gills removed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the portobello slices in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmensan, thyme salt and pepper.
- Place the mushroom slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes per side.
Approximate Nutritional Values: http://www.food.com/recipe/portobello-mushroom-fries-with-ponzu-dipping-sauce-61937